We are all guilty of being overwhelmed and just busy that we hardly take time just for us. Some of us don’t even realize just how important “you”/”me” time is to their own health and their happiness. If you don’t take the time to relax and just let everything go for a bit, it can lead to many other stresses and health issues and being snappy with those around you. No one truly wants to be snappy and growly with others, but sometimes it can happen because you haven’t taken the time to just relax and let it all go.
Everyone has their own favorite ways to relax, but sometimes it’s fun to try something else that someone else does to relax and see what you think of it. You just never know when you might find your own new way to relax. Taking at least a few minutes each day, yes each and every day, may just help you take a whole new lease on life and how you feel. Try it, you may like it!
10 Favorite Ways That I Relax
- Read – Especially so when the weather is nice, go outside and sit in the sun and read. Nothing relaxes me more and I bet you’d find it pretty darn relaxing too. You might find you love reading even more while doing this. Absorbing that amazing vitamin that is the sun. All your cares drift away. Some of my favorite books this last year that you may want to take outside and read are: Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed, and Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim. Just to name a few.
- Coloring – I’ve always loved coloring. It is so relaxing and freeing. I used to say nothing excites me more than a brand new box of crayons. Which still is true. And now there are many different types of adult coloring books to whisk away your cares with and let your own imagination soar. Check out these ones: Stress Relieving Patterns, Balance, and Color me Calm. Those are just a few of many now that are now out there just for us adults. So fun!
- Take a Walk – Even if it’s just around your neighborhood. Taking a walk is actually very calming and you are also getting some exercise in. Two hits with one thing, yes please! But it’s even better if you can take a hike or walk in a new place and explore. It lets your mind just wander and it can be so relaxing and peaceful.
- Soak in a Tub – There is something amazingly calming and that relaxes all your muscles then sitting in a hot tub. Doesn’t matter if you add anything to the water, but bubbles are always fun. Also putting in a few drops of lavender helps as well.
- Facial Mask – sitting for a few moments with that mask on your face revives you so much. It’s kind of amazing the magic it does to your mind and your facial skin all at the same time. Some of my favorites right now are: Dead Sea Mud Facial Mask, Charcoal and Black Sugar Polishing Mask, and Hot Chocolate Self-Heating Mask.
- Play with your pet or child – get down on the floor and play with your child or pet. Try and let your imagination just go and feel that stress just go away.
- Play a Game – It can be a board, video, card or app game. Just play for a few minutes. It not only gets your mind working, but it can also relax you, depending what game you choose to play. Game nights are a great way to relax and be social too, keep that in mind.
- Talk with a Friend – It doesn’t matter what you talk about it, but talking in general with a friend lowers your stress level and connects you both even more.
- Watch a Movie and/or Tv Show – Watch your favorite show or discover a new one. Watch that movie you have wanted to watch. Go ahead and binge watch some tv and relax yourself.
- Dance – Move that booty! Again not only will you be getting yourself some exercise you’ll be floating away that stress you have built up.
How do you relax? Will you be using any of my suggestions?