Throughout my time, I have gone through and shown you each room of our house (minus the basement thus far). Stating what we need/want to do in each room and what I envision for it. Creating the Our House segment on the blog, which I love. I thought typing out a list and putting it on the front of our fridge would help to envision what the house to-do list looks like. Doing what we can when we can and happily crossing it off the list.
Helping move that list, I thought I’d also share it here. More accountability. More to look back on when we share our updates.
The Big House To-Do List
Most of this list is in random order. Likely I didn’t list everything that we need/want to do but it’s a decent chunk. The only thing that is in any order is the very first one, the porch redo. That one needs to be done as soon as possible, it’s bad.
- Rebuild front porch – STAT
- Replace Roof.
- Put in new Gutters.
- Paint All Rooms.
- Replace carpet in main floor bedroom.
- Get Captain bed for main floor bedroom or build a murphy bed.
- Redo Bathroom.
- Deep Clean the basement.
- Finish cutting up the wood.
- Sell things we have to sell.
- Make dump runs.
- Build a Pantry.
- Build a corner shelf in the kitchen.
- Buy new couch and chairs.
- Put in new grass.
- Build back up flower beds in a few places.
- Build patio in backyard.
- Rebuild Shed.
- Check the house foundation.
- Build some kind of deck or attachment to shed from nook door upstairs.
- Have four garden boxes or six.
- Get Surround sound for living rooms – – hide cords from tv and others.
- Replace kitchen floor.
- Reshape kitchen.
- Open kitchen to the dining room to make a bar.
- Vanity in our bedroom.
Living Room: Teal, black and maybe splashes of yellow or cream.
Dining Room: Red, black, and white.
Main Floor Bedroom: Red, black, and white.
Main Floor Bathroom: Red, black, and white.
Kitchen: Red and white.
Upstairs: Purple and gray.
Downstairs Bedroom: Teal, white and other splashes of color maybe?