Memorial Day is coming, which means the unofficial launch of summer. Thought it could be fun in this All About Me Friday, to launch into some of the fun and chores to accomplish this summer. Now all of this may not get done or even half of them but hoping for a good etch on a few of them.
Not having children of our own, leaves us with a different schedule than friends with school-aged children. Still a great time to get out and about and get things done around the house. Days are longer, which means outside activities can last longer. There is just something special about summer.
Without further ado, a bit of insight (and maybe inspiration for you) on what is on my summer bucket list of fun and chores to accomplish this summer.
Fun and Chores to Accomplish This Summer
- Finally get the front porch redone. It’s rotting and badly needs completely redone, actually has needed it for a few years now. We have high hopes of it getting done this summer. Here is hoping!
- Getting a garden in. We have had hopes of getting a garden in for years but always something messes with it and we never get to it. This year we just need to get the tiller down here so we can get the space tilled and finally get some plants in there. The idea of having my very own fresh fruits and vegetables excites me. As that is something we buy a lot of.
- Camping. We went late last year and remembered just how we much we love it. Even when it was pouring buckets. How nice will it be to go in actually nice weather? Camping with a bit of hiking and relaxing and playing games. Perfection.
- BBQ’s. We’d love to host at least one this year. If not a couple. We love hosting but we don’t always get the turn out we’d like. To do this properly though…
- We need a new grill too. A few years back ribs ended up catching fire on it and charring our grill. It has just got other malfunctions going on with it too. We need to replace it, badly.
- Yard Sale. Completely going through absolutely everything and stockpiling for a yard sale late this summer. Already have gathered a huge amount and haven’t even touched most of the house yet. I am hoping that we can also get rid of the couch by then and buy a new one.
- Day Trips, Hiking Trips, Road Trips. All depending on when we get a new car or I can snaggle a car for review.
What are your summer plans? I’d love to hear all the details and maybe gain some new ones for my list.