I am sure most of you have seen the upcoming movie preview for The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Where the husband and wife are told they can’t have kids, so they put wishes for what they think their child would be like and bury in their garden. Magically a child appears and its then that Jennifer Garner, who plays the Mom, knows that life is full of messy adventures.
To celebrate moments like this, Frigidaire, makers of the new Frigidaire Affinity® front load washing machine that delivers a better clean, has set out to help get families out of the laundry room quickly and on to things they love to do.
Some of my favorite stain fighting types for Frigidaire from Tara Aronson:
- Immediately rinse or blot away spills on your clothes with cool water before setting. (I know this one, but dang is it hard to think that do that right away)
- To keep snags and lint to a minimum, zip zippers, button buttons, empty pockets (I ALWAYS do this one), and brush away lint before throwing duds in the washer.
- Check wet garments for remaining stains and re-treat before drying. Heat sets in stains.
Certain stains got ya down? I have some handy little tips for those too!
- Crayon – Scrape off as much of the colorful surface as possible using a plastic picnic knife. Apply laundry detergent directly on the stain. Gently rub the detergent into the fabric then let set for several minutes. Launder using the hottest water the the garment will stand. Then dry as usual.
- Juice – Soak for a minute or so in cold water. Remove excess water, and then apply a pretreatment directly on the stain. Wash with detergent as usual. Air dry. Do not place in the dryer until the stain is completely gone, otherwise it might set.
- Chocolate – Prewash the garment in warm water with a laundry detergent that contains enzymes using the Affinity’s Rinse & spin setting. Launder as usual, using the washing machines Normal setting. Dry as usual.
Now for something exciting! When people visit Frigidaire’s facebook page, they can share their personal accounts Adventures in Clean and Frigidaire will donate a $1 to Save the Children, as part of its $750,000 commitment to the cause. Just upload a photo and the app will turn it into a movie poster! Also to help spread the word everyone who enters will have a chance to win the new Frigidaire’s Affinity® front load washer and dryer featuring Ready Steam.
Posting about this got me the chance for a drawing. All thoughts are my own!