I had ran across and read several 5 on Friday’s in the past month or so, and I decided today I’d join in since I haven’t post this past week and probably won’t next week either. All you do is ramble on about 5 random things of your choosing. Easy!
1. I sent the last of the packages that needed mailed out on Monday evening. I was happy and relieved that they’d get there with plenty of time before Christmas. One package got there next day like it was supposed to. The other was shipping to an overseas solider that I had acquired to send some goodies to, so that wasn’t super important on my end. And THE most important package was not being found with the tracking number and was supposed to be there Thursday. I start to panic cause its not finding a single thing with the tracking number, at all – I kept thinking maybe the tracking number just isn’t working, and it’ll get there like its suppose to Thursday. No package, I really start to panic. This is a 16lb package that is filled with my Mom’s Christmas presents and without me sending her gifts she’ll have NONE. I even put a stocking in there, filled, so she’d have that as well. This is the first year we haven’t gone over to Idaho for Christmas, so it was important that the package got to her. I send off an email with USPS that moment when she said she didn’t get a package. I then decided heck I am just going to the post office we shipped it from. The post master lady was amazingly great, really liked her. She is confident that its in the shipping stream somewhere and will get to her. She thinks the register we used had issues that day cause I was the second one to come in with this exact same problem. The one we were shipping to overseas also couldn’t be found, and she said well that should be somewhere too. I looked today, and that one is now up in Seattle and showing, so hopefully that means Moms will show up at some point too. I can only hope. I am so upset though.
|*snagged from Pinterest, I take no rights for this photo*|
2. We are going to our first cookie exchange tomorrow. I was going to print out the recipes for the two cookies we plan to take, but I haven’t done that yet, so who knows if that will happen now. I do hope to bring my camera though and snap a few photos to share.
3. I haven’t wrapped any of the other presents that are here to wrap. I just did all the ones that needed shipped and haven’t touched a single other one since. I need to get on that and soon. Why is the wrapping so hard?
4. Why doesn’t it feel like Christmas? It’s so hard to believe that Christmas is Wednesday. Where is my Holiday Spirit? I love Christmas, love it, this year that love is not falling out me like normal. I miss it, greatly! Maybe its because we didn’t go to Idaho this year, we normally go the full weekend before Christmas so we can be home for actual Christmas. Maybe without that step, I am missing something. I don’t know, but I do know that I have read several others that have that same feeling this year.
5. Roxy has her wellness check up Monday evening. I always fear taking her in that they are going to tell me something horrible is wrong. Not that she is acting different mind you, its just my fear with any visit. I can’t wait until its over, and she gets the all clear.
Merry Christmas to all of you since I am sure I won’t post again until late next week. May your Holidays be super bright and happy!