It’s a fairly easy all about me Friday prompt this week. It asks me to tell you all my top 10 favorite foods. Food, I do love you. I don’t know always know what to eat though, I get hungry but nothing sounds good and nothing pulls me in. It’s a battle sometimes just to figure out what to eat.
Here we have some of my personal favorites.
- Jason’s Sweet n’ Sour Chicken – and as each time I mentioned this, it’s linked for you to enjoy the recipe if you so choose. It’s amazing. An old family recipe handed down. It normally is with pork, but I much prefer the chicken.
- Nachos – YUM. Need I really say more? Nothing improves my mood more then a plate of cheesy nachos.
- Steak n’ Gravy with Mash Potatoes – I don’t think this is a “normal” dish. Mom used to make it where she cooked up the meat and cooked up the gravy and then added the meat into the gravy to simmer a bit more. The meat is amazing this way and its one my favorites that I really rarely have.
- My Mom’s lasagna – it just again cheesy goodness.
- Pizza – but not just any pizza. Either Juliano’s Grateful Veggie OR our homemade pizza that has chicken, feta, sundried tomatoes, artichokes – I think that is all that is on it, but its amazing!
- Tacos – just easy and sometimes the thing that simply hits the spot. Weather it be chicken or beef or in a hard shell or as a taco salad.
- Watermelon – I LOVE watermelon, but I hate cutting it. If I could have a machine or something to chop it up easily, then I’d eat it probably everyday.
- Apples with Nutella – its one of my favorite go-to snacks, usually if I am craving something kind of sweet.
- Berries – any and all kind of berries, give them to me, and I’ll just eat them like crazy. It killed me the batch of strawberries I had in the fridge when yucky. Killed.
- Rhubarb – yum! I am one of those weirdo’s that likes it raw like a celery piece. Tasty!
There we have some of my favorite foods. I love food!! But weirdly I tend to lean more healthy side of choices. I am not a huge fan of chocolate, *gasp*, I know. I do love caramel though, and chocolate with caramel is amazing! I don’t like pies, I’d rather have cake. I can only do small doses of sweets, period.
What are some of your favorite food choices? I’d love to hear them!