Okay, the truth is Lily isn’t quite ten months just yet, but I feel she is close enough to fit the title. I am kind of sad with the lack of entire blog posts I’ve done on just Lily. At least she is usually the star of the show in the Catch the Moment 365 weekly wrap-ups. So I felt it was time for that entire blog post about life with a ten-month-old. So what kind of mischief is our 10-month-old in nowadays? Well, I can’t wait to tell you. Plus, the products I love using with/for Lily!
Post below may contain affiliate links, which I may receive a kickback if you order through the provided link at no extra cost to you.
What comes to mind is what kind of mischief is she not getting into? It seems to be always something.
While time does go by quickly, it doesn’t at the same time. The days are long, so long. I think many of the long days are because I have been with Lily since her birth but save for short time frames. Which is good, but also, I just get worn down. I know it happens as a mother, but it is still taxing. Routines are getting better, though; with that, I am getting some of me back, which is helpful for my feelings.
Now it’s time to dive into little miss Lily some. Ready?
Lily Turns into a 10-month-old
On June 15th of this month, our Lily girls will turn 10-months-old. And before we know it, she’ll be hitting that big one-year-old mark. We are, in fact, already planning her first birthday(s). I can’t wait to tell you all about those too soon.
Lily takes two daytime naps and, most of the time sleeps all night. Sometimes she wakes up when we are about to go to sleep and then when she wakes up between 3 am and 5 am. We can’t figure out why she wakes up like this. It’s frustrating, though. She demands to crawl into bed with us, which is fine and dandy if she’d allow herself to go back to sleep. But, as soon as she feels herself drifting off, she moves to wake herself back up. She doesn’t go back to sleep until after much fighting and up and downs of almost falling asleep. I am grateful most of the time that she does sleep well. Because this Mommy likes her sleep and gets very cranky if she doesn’t get it, I take the afternoon naps when I need them.
Oh, man! This girl loves to eat. She started into solids around four months; after the doctor gave the go-ahead but showed interest way before that. She was always wanting what we were having, drink or food. So now there is no stopping her. She has loved almost everything she has tried and has the whole chewing down great. The only things she isn’t always fond of are peas & green beans; otherwise, all systems are a-go on the yumminess of the food. Much like Roxy, you could likely bribe her attention with food.
10-month-old Other Milestones
Moving – Lily has been on the move for quite some time. I am a terrible mom and couldn’t tell exactly when she started. It seems as though around four months, crawling started, and soon after, standing up on things. Now she flies around the house in turbo mode. Recently has begun to stand without holding onto something for short periods. Yep, walking is coming very soon. Watch out, world!
Chompers – Lily has had her bottom two teeth forever, I feel. We waited, and we waited for more teeth. It seemed like teething was happening here and there, but no signs of new teeth. Then we got one side fang. And that one was there for quite a while, and finally, the other side fang started to show itself. And just last week, she finally started to show her two front teeth. We got some teeth, people!
Jabber jaws – While there have been no actual words, or rather no words that we know for a fact, she knows she is saying. Lily loves to babble. Words it sounds like she is saying in her full-on babbling: Momma, Dadda, hey, and doggy – there are likely a few other things she says that sound like actual words, but we are drawing blanks right now.
Social – While you better not come to take her away from her Mommy and Daddy – she loves people. She draws so much attention while in stores, restaurants, and anywhere we go that it cracks me up. She will stare at them, and if they don’t pay attention, she’ll start screaming at them. Then once they start interacting, she’ll give them her best smile and giggle. She was in full charm mode on Saturday for the circus and eating out. I hope she stays that open but safely, of course!
Her personality is starting to show, and I can’t wait to share more updates as we go. With more stories to tell, hopefully, sponsored and not.
Now want to hear what products we’ve loved thus far in our journey?
Our Favorite Things Thus Far in Our 10-month-old Journey
- Portable Sound Machine – It helped so much on night sleep when we finally got this. I love that it’s portable, so easy enough to take from place to place with us. Does it really work on keeping her asleep? I don’t know, but I am not testing that theory.
- Discovery Seat Booster – probably one of the best purchases I made. I started feeding her solids in it, and since then, I have found it helpful around the house. It’s easy to move her anywhere I need her to sit still. Has fun things to play with and underneath a snack tray area. And later can be strapped to a kitchen chair as a regular booster seat.
- Hook-On Chair – yes, another chair, but it’s the best. This was perfect because I didn’t want a full-size high chair to take up space. Just clip on a table, and you are good to go. It’s also great to take along with you to places that might not have a regular high chair or booster seat.
- Hudson Baby Sleep Sack – we went through so many sleep sacks after stopping swaddling before landing on one Lily loved. They are so soft, and I think that is why she loves them.
- Hooded Baby Towel – it seems weird to put a towel on here, but it’s perfect. Soft, big, and super cute. All winning points and I wish I had a few of them.
Those are a few of our favorite things thus far. I keep a list on Amazon if you want to see the entire idea list of baby things.