There is nothing like a nice warm soup on the stove with these chilly Fall days upon us. I am always looking for a quick and easy soup to have that doesn’t take a lot of effort or time. While also being healthy lands me major wifey bonus points! This Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup is a major win in my books on all the above levels.
Basic ingredients are shown above. Minus the beef and ground black pepper. The beef was already cooking and it just didn’t dawn on me to grab the ground pepper to take a picture with it. Pretty easy already isn’t it?
We then brown the beef in a stockpot until brown and drain out any excess fat before adding in the rest of your ingredients. We didn’t have any excess fat because we use such a lean cut of beef.
Added into the beef as browning, but not noted in the actual recipe, I added in red pepper flakes, ground black pepper, and a bit of garlic powder.
Next time I think we’ll add in some jalapenos either with browning the meat or as the soup simmers.
Next, we add in all the rest of the ingredients, turn it to high, and bring to boil. After reaching a boiling point we cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 medium stalks celery, sliced
- 6 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Brown ground beef in a stockpot over medium heat. Once beef is cooked, carefully drain out any excess fat.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot, raise heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Per Serving; Calories: 121, Fat: 3 g, Protein: 13g, Sodium 85 mg, Fiber 2 g, Carbohydrates 11 g, Sugar 5 g